Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dying and Spinning!


This weekend I decided I MUST get back to those things I love, even if it means virtually no sleep. Here is some wonderful wool I got through my Yankee Fiber Friends group. It was white and I used natural dyes to change it to this pretty blue. Then I spun it and used 2 plying techniques. I did a double ply with a majority of it and then I decided to try Navajo plying with about 1/4 of it - mostly because you can do that off one skane and it made it easier on me :) Now I have to decide what to make with it. The rules are that I can add anything to the project EXCEPT more wool. I'm thinking a mini felted purse although i couldn't come close to the beautiful felted purses we sell of Sarah's Satchels...Maybe a hat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!