Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Goat Kidding at Arrowhead Farm

That is the name of our farm, in case you didn't know!  I finally put together a goat kidding slideshow!  Check it out (a little graphic)!  Buttercup and Cupcake and all the kids are doing well after a week of adventure in milking and bottle feeding and hanging out at the store in a playpen!  This has been a rough week for John and I went it comes to sleeping with regular kid feeding.  I am happy to say that the kids officially move into the barn tonight!  They are too big for thier playpen already and its time to move up and out already!  We will still do one night feeding for another week.  After that both Cupcake's kids and Lamancha's kids will go in thier own stall at night.  I will start milking Buttercup and Cupcake in the mornings and then just Cupcake at night so Buttercup's kids still get thier milk.

I have been blessed to have a new AWESOME friend, Tricia!  She grew up with goats and has been helping me milk, giving me tips, and giving me a lot of sanity :)  She also adopted all 4 of the baby goats I fostered this year.  Thank goodness for friends and family!

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!