Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011

Its been a long time since I posted here and I'm sorry about that!  We've been very busy with the store and the hobby farm and, well, keeping up with life.  Our latest additions to the farm are the 'dirty dozen' - 12 new Turkeys hatched this week.  With all of our animals - the goats, the bunnies, the bees, the dogs and cat I still didn't feel like we were running a 'farm' and then came the boys - 12 large white breasted turkeys!  Now when I kick off my boots are 9pm just finishing my chores for the evening, I truly feel like a hobby farmer :)  Check out our new turkeys by clicking here!

The stores been really busy with everyone cleaning up their yards, starting new gardens, hanging out their flowers :)  We have another greenhouse we are working with and several new artists on board.  We are talking about adding space to hold more wonderful locally produced items and expanding our year further into the winter.  There is so much we can do, not enough hours in the day!

Yesterday I asked my parents to bring me binoculars so I could watch the cows grazing in the neighbor's field in the morning with my coffee.  They thought it was very funny that I was going to watch cows while others might watch the news or read the paper.  That is DEFINITELY not for me, I prefer to watch the cows saunter around the field, snacking on the grass, visiting each other.  My parents came to the house and we all went to the deck to watch.  I think they can see why I'd rather watch the cows now.

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!