Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25, 2010

John woke up last night to the house filled with smoke.  No dogs barking, no cat meowing, no fire alarm going off, no CO2 detector beeping - just all of us soundly sleeping as we breathed in soot.  Luckily he did wake up and found a basement filled with smoke and a smoldering log that got too close to the fire.  He saved us and aired out the house and did laundry so I'd have clean clothes to wear to work and set up fans and checked my breathing - I did not get up once.  It reminds me of my mother coming into the basement where my teenage bedroom was and yelling, "GET OUT OF BED!" - it was 2pm.  I am the best sleeper ever.
Tonight I spent organizing inventory and calling artists and trying to schedule meetings.  I went to Kathy and Tads to help Kathy bottle her first home brew, it was a sticky mess but we did good and filled 42 bottles of beer.  Now it must sit for months in the dark and get yummy.  I ordered all my stuff for my Willow and Violet and my temporary foster bunnies that my sister's friend Judy has so kindly offered.  I also organized all my ordering of beekeeping supplies so that i can call it in tomorrow!  So exciting! 
John ordered the hanging baskets and will be picking up all the plugs on Monday - SOOO exciting!  and scary!  Like - what if my green thumb was only a temporary thing?!
Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!