Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Very cool experiment

I was listening to a lecture from Wayne Deyer that was taped live and he had a member of the audience come up and hold out one hand, fist clenched, elbow straight.  He then pushed down on the hand with his finger to test strength.  Then he gave her an envelope to hold to her chest and tested the strength again and it was weaker.  Then he gave her another envolope to hold to her chest and tested the strength and it was strong again.  In the first envelop was equal, the second contained vit C.  I thought NO WAY.  He said another lecturer did this with 1000 audience members and 100% of the time this was the result.  So I tried it on John and got the same results over and over.  This morning I had him try my strength with jelly beans vs Vermont PB and even though I tried like heck to defy this, I could not hold my arm up with the jelly beans.

Please try this and tell me what happens!  I want to know if perhaps subconsciously I'm making it happen...I am a scientist at heart - my first degree was human biology - and I am floored by this.  It doesn't make logical sense to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!