Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Sunday, January 23, 2011

It is cold in New England, but we are already getting ready for the heat!

This morning John swore he saw the goats shivering! He warmed up chopping wood with a friend and I stayed warm baking bread inside. Spring is in the air, though, the plant plugs and seeds are on their way, just another week before we are buried in soil and pots and plants :) Right now we are looking forward to it, in a few weeks we might be feeling differently.....

Meanwhile, I am taking this quiet winter time to read up on farming and sustainable practices and making this life we are building work.  The newest book I started reading tonight is "The road to my Farm" and I already see this paralell of wanting to do it all.  This is a mistake I think I am making.  Doing too much can lead to mediocre work.  I think what I would like to try to do this year is really focus on what I can do now with what I have and the knowledge base I have started.  I'm not sure my personallity will let me do this, but I'm going to try.  I'll let you know how it goes.....

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!