Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011

What a beautiful day to wake up to!  Even Lamancha (Buttercup), who refused to go out the last snow storm, dashed out in it today like a kid with a snow day!  I am disappointed to be missing my Yankee Fiber Friends group which is in the eastern part of our state, but I love the beauty of snow on trees and how quiet a snow filled day is.

Once my father-in-law plows the road through our yard I will have to get busy checking on the bees, but in the meantime, I'm going to make myself a delicious breakfast and relax.  I will work on some fiber projects in honor of my missed meeting, but my biggest goal is to finish most of the masks I've started for the recital in Worcester. 

I would also like to start putting together KitchenAid home cooking recipes for the blog.  I made cultured butter all in my KitchenAid and I now I can make all my favorite breads using the KitchenAid for every step!  A few years ago I was in an accident that ruined my lower back and I had to stop making homemade bread because of the pain and limitations.  That year John got me a KitchenAid so I could try again because my sister said you can do all the kneading in there - and you can!  I love that machine.

If you are in Connecticut - enjoy the view!

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!