Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Carding wool at the Connecticut Country Store!

I decided to combine alpaca wool with my rabbits' angora for my next project - very warm!


First I carded the 2 kinds of wool together.  This alpaca was already processed in to roving which made things much easier for me!

I didn't want to card too much because I want the striped yarn with variations of brown and white.

After I filled this bucket I started to spin.

This is how the yarn is looking.  This is 1 ply.  I will make 2 spools of 1 ply and let them stretch, then I will ply them together to make a nice warm yarn.  I am hoping I can then talk one of my talented sisters into making me mittens with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!