Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Easy homemade FREE nesting beds for your Bantams!

This is our Bantam chicken house with my new FREE nesting boxes made from scraps in the basement.  Let me tell you how they are made:

First you have to search your basement or garage for a board, 9 screws and washers, a thin piece of wood like some left over trim, and 5 large plant containers - we used some from trees we planted.  If you are local to us, I would be happy to give you some of our left-overs.

This is the set up of how it works.  screw planters to board using washers.  screw thin trim to the front with washers.  This is to hold in the shavings and/or straw when the bird exits the box.
This is a picture of how I screwed the planter to the wood using an old washer.  I brought the planter right up to the board's edge.
Here you can see what it looks like.  I had the board on a stand but that is unneccessary for sucess, its just an add on.
Here is a front view.  You can see the middle container has holes.  This should have no effect.  I like this design because I can powerwash the beds when they get dirty - and THEY WILL!
I hope this is helpful to you!  Be well!

1 comment:

  1. At the bottom of this page, you can find the latest videos posted on youtube which include a video of this. You can find all videos by going to Youtube and typing in "Connecticut Country Store" or by visting our website at www.ConnecticutCountryStore.com!

    ReplyDelete

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!