Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sustainable Living Practices 3

All the pies are gone, look for more this weekend :) Today is a big day at Arrowhead farms - the bees are coming! If I don't find my camera, I will borrow one! I set up the hives this morning while the goats played with Dori (my older catahoula leopard dog). The store is doing great and everyone is getting thier landscaping done with the brown and red mulch!


The Earth’s Handbook for the 9th was about making your own soaps! Natural healthy wholesome soaps from home. If you don’t have the time, check out our wonderful lotion soaps and goat soaps at the store – you can’t go wrong! And now we have goat soap wrapped in wool which moisturizes while it exfoliates and gives a great lather for shaving! Check it out!

The Earth’s Handbook for the 10th was about becoming more aware of your energy use. A big problem John and I have at home is our old windows. We can’t afford to replace them right now, so in the meantime we use plastic and heavy drapes to keep the drafts from blowing through. It makes a huge difference. We also installed a fireplace in the basement to help with the heat in the winter and it works wonderfully. We counteract the dryness by venting our dryer into the house during the winter to keep the air moist and smelling nice!

Today’s tip is about reshaping your clothes instead of throwing them away. I’m not sure I’m skilled enough for this. I do donate my clothes, though, and that helps, too. Or I turn them into rags so we don’t use paper towels up cleaning!

Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!