Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010

Sustainable living is hard work but worth it :) Yesterday I made 15 paper bricks recycling all my parent's newspapers for our fireplace. This morning I cleaned the house to prepare for the week and got my groceries ready to make a delicious carrot soup tonight for dinner - wonderful! Right now i am getting ready to re-arrange my textiles area to get ready to rewarp my loom for mom and my next project making dishtowels and place mats. I have another bag of paper to shred for the fire bricks and some wool spinning to do, too. So much fun work! While I'm doing that I'll be playing a 'how to' tape on how to make homemade beer. My nieghbors/friends/cousins who live very sustainably - they have not bought meat from the market in over a year - they raise chickens, collect eggs, fish, and hunt for all meats, have decided to start making thier own beer and I get to help! Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!