Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Today I ordered 2 bee colonies. I have no idea what I am doing, but I am taking 4 classes to learn and hope to be ready by the time the colonies arrive in late April. I will name queen bee one, 'Sugar' and I will name queen bee two, 'Queen Latifa' because of the movie 'The Secret Life of Bees' which I've actually never seen, but plan to. Tonight was a good night in that John and I decided to read for 1/2 hour every night and no more TV, it was a bad night in that we said goodbye to the jacuzzi until March/April. We will strike her up for mini parties, but she's out of commission until it gets warmer. It uses too much electricity. I will be using a heating pad to deal with my back pain until then - not nearly as fun! John sent in the articles of organization for the LLC to the Secretary of the State and looked at tractors today for the business. Tomorrow I will see if I can find a student at UConn who would be willing to help us with our logo so we can enlarge it for signs. John is also talking about adopting two angora rabbits. I can use their wool for spinning and they are wonderful animals, although a lot of work. The kids will love them. We have 16 nieces and nephews and quite a few more very close friends with kids that just might be willing to help with those! Things will start moving faster every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!