Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goats!

When I was a kid my father would take us on adventures.  He still does this today with the grandkids.  One such adventure ended in a strange broken down kind of farm petting zoo.  This is where I fell in love with my first goat.  I loved it so much my dad took a picture and blew it up to a 8x10:
Tonight I was out with the goats and they are not happy because they are swollen and pregnant and hot and tired.  I sat on the edge of their house and Cupcake layed down next to me and rested her head on my leg.  I rubbed her back and her neck and she layed still with occassional attempts to take the sparkly ring off my finger.  I thought, this is the life and laughed a little about this guy at the petting zoo that was the first sign of the life I would someday lead.

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!