Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Harriet the Great!

Harriet has been sitting on her eggs (and a few others) for a while now and today I went to check on her and make sure she had the little water and food by her side and there was one egg out in the middle of the coop.  At first I was going to return it but then I thought about the effort she went through to get rid of it.  So, I finished my chores and brought the egg in to candle it.  Well, it was a floating yoke - no baby chick.  It is amazing that out of the 6 eggs, she knew this one was not going to hatch already.  Maybe being called a 'bird brain' is a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!