Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010

We closed up late today with John keeping busy delivering mulch and Susan and I bringing in plants and watering and talking to them. The flowers are magnificent.

The bunnies got about 1/2 hour outside while I sat and read 'Coop' by Michael Perry.  It was a good book.  I laughed, I cried.  The bunnies enjoyed the time and then I went inside and grabbed my youngest dog Roxi and we read a little out on the back deck while the sun went down.  Then I went inside and with Kitty on my left and Dori on my right, I finished the book while alternating head pats between the two.

I got bad news today about my back which may never get any better than it is right now, so I took a little time to feel sorry for myself, and a little time to comfort myself.  The animals are so good at that, being comforting.  Tomorrow I will find yet one more thing to try and will believe in it full heartedly until I find something else to try.  Tomorrow I will stop feeling sorry for myself.  But tonight I'm going to let myself morn the loss.

This weekend we will have more plants and more pastries!  They say its going to be cold this weekend so come on down and get some free coffee :) It'll be warm in the greenhouse!  Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!