Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!

Come visit us at the Connecticut Country Store!
Smart Folks Shop Local!

Thought for the moment.....

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Cake!

The rhubarb cake is WONDERFUL! I think I would put in maybe 1/8-1/4 of a cup less water when making the mix although it probably would have been fine if I had waited until it cooled all the way. Also I used 2 duck eggs instead of 3 chicken which actually might be equivalent to 4 chicken eggs. I can't post a pic because although it tastes like heaven - I broke it in half when taking it out of the pan!

How to make the easiest and best strawberry rhubarb cake EVER!:
  • 2 rhubarb stocks, outside string removed and diced into small pieces.
  • mix in a bowl with strawberry jello
  • fold into white cake mix already prepared (I used pillsbury moist supreme classic white)
  • bake as suggested.
This is a modification of what Michele and Shea told me to do. I think Michele does it with pound cake - YUM! 

ENJOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silky and Cochin Hut 2011

Guineas in their new flight cage!

Easy Bantam Nesting Boxes

Easy Homemade Bread!